Are you thinking of starting a business? Maybe you're unsure how to take the leap. If so, then the Business & Intellectual Property Centre's Startup Day at Barnstaple Library is where you can find out more, or get the encouragement you need to make a start.
Presentations to help you get started
Throughout the day there will be a range of presentations to help you get started, including:
- The importance of branding (why and how to do it) - Caz Kennedy, Heart of the South West Growth Hub
- Coffee & chat on business finance - Rachel Taylor, SWIG Finance
- What is bookkeeping and why it's important to all businesses - Mark Ponsonby, Blue Ink Bookkeeping
- An introduction to IBISWorld, the UK's richest source of business & industry information - Alistair Benham, IBISWorld
There will be a networking lunch provided by Driftwood Cafe.
You will also get the chance to hear from a range of business owners, along with the opportunity to put your questions to them in a panel discussion Successes and challenges of starting a business, facilitated by Paula Byers, Chamber President & Founder of LimeCloud
The panellists include:
- Nicola Crocker - North Devon Ceramics Academy & Studio
- Kim Insull - Really Wild Learning
- Sian Bartlett - Yoga with Sian-Marie
- Mike Matthews - Lineal
- Caroline Hooper - The White Collection by Caroline Victoria
To book, visit the BIPC Eventbrite page by clicking on the image below: